Monday, July 24, 2017

Flagellants: the end is here!

Finally, these flagellants are done! If you remember, the initial regiment was composed of 10 models, including a beggar, a monk and a warrior priest (all from the Marauder Miniatures range), but some followers pointed that this unit was too clean for a band of crazy fanatics... and they were right.

The "Eureka" came from a picture of Sam Neill in John Carpenter's movie "In the Mouth of Madness", drawing crosses all over his clothes and skin... that plus a few conversion ideas to use and re-use the 5 MM65 models I had. 

In the end, I've reworked the initial flagellants, and I've painted 10 more models, including a dwarf and a donkey to fill two regiments of 8 models each (the maximum allowed by the Warhammer Armies book), plus 4 spares in case I play with other rules. 



 As I have no idea the way we can use them on the battelfield, here are the two bands aligned in two ranks.


And as I said, with the spares I have, I can also field a regiment of 20 fanatics.



That's it! Time to clean the mess on my desk and to go on holiday. After that, no idea what the next regiment will be.

17 comments:

  1. While I don't particularly like the sculpts, your painting of them is superb. A most awesome display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Lots of individual characters that come together in a fantastic unit. Looking forward to your next project. In the meantime - enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you! (and I agree, not the best part of the Marauder Empire range)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnifique! I have never seen these models looking so good. A brilliant regiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the best painted Marauder flagellants I have ever seen, your style really works on them. But even you can't hide those massive feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I should have sculpted socks to hide these ugly feet :)

      Delete
  6. You have a distinct ability to make old sculpts sing - they are stunning minis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic - I love the old marauder minis and the conversions you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Must feel great to hit a milestone like this. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes indeed. Really happy to see these flagellants finished

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'est rare de voir une belle unité de flagellants, celle ci est tręs variée et pleine de détails fort bien realisés. Ca fait plaisir à voir et à avoir j'imagine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merci. Ouais, même si je ne suis pas allé au bout de toutes les idées (roue-cage et ogre flagellant), je suis quand même assez content du résultat final.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. T'emballe pas, je vais plutôt te peindre une armée de gobs pouilleux, ça ira plus à ton style de jeu je pense...

      Delete