Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crossbowman number 3

My third quareller is a model from the Marauder Miniatures range. I couldn't find a solution to get a proper beard. Never mind, I will hide him behind his quareller fellows...
As you can see below, I had already painted his two brothers (for a Golden Demon two years ago): the first one crushes skulls with his hammer, the second one deafens his opponents with his big horn (for more pictures, see the gallery on Haekel & Jaeckel's website).
Now, the whole family is ready for war... but not for the same battle (damned bases!)

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! this crossbowman is one of my favorite Marauder figures...such a great expression on his face. And of course, your excellent skills with flesh bring out every bit of feeling from the sculpt.

    I don't recognize his "brother" on the left...where is he from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blue! Yep, the face is great... if you except the beard.
    His brother comes from the same MM10 range: you won't find him in the Stuff of Legends (http://solegends.com/marauder/mm10dwfclan.htm) but he's referenced in the Collecting Citadel Miniatures wiki: DW18 (http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Dwarfs_-_MM10).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes...I see him now! a new addition to the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hu hu hu. I thought you already had at least one copy of ALL the Marauder Miniatures references.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea...me too! I'm not sure how I missed this dwarf...?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing stuff! Wonderful work on the cloth armor and skin tones!! I envy your ability!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the uniform look you have gone for with your Imperial Dwarfs, I like the beard on the grumpy first mini... LOL

    ReplyDelete