Sunday, October 3, 2021

Another couple of dwarf halberdiers

It's been two months since my last post, and I have little to show: two slightly converted Marauder Miniatures (MM10 and MM15) to strengthen one of the units painted during the OWAC IV.

As for my next move, I really don't know. 

I've lost my enthusiasm for the Pfeildorfers, and although I'm only short of a few miniatures, the perspective of painting 20 to 30 more Marauder Miniatures (the remaining citizen, the mounted knights, the command group and the wizards) bores me by anticipation :| 

As for the swiss dwarves, I clearly see the path forward: complementing the halberdiers and the pikemen, then a second regiment of quarellers, a new regiment of thunderers, a few warmachines, the mounted general and the High Priest of Grungni, plus a few warrior-monks... But again, the perspective a spending one more year on them seems... uninspiring. 

Well... Let's hope my mojo comes back before the end of the year!

8 comments:

  1. Come on, we're sure inspiration will be back soon! Why not focus on a particular character right away, like the mounted general of the dwarf army? Or devote yourself to something completely different, maybe some opponent for your dwarves? For our part, to avoid the tiredness of completing an army, we are thinking of a project (still in an embryonic phase) of alternately painting military units of opposing armies, moreover made up of mixed races: will it work?
    For the latest miniatures, we especially like the dwarf with the halberd pointed forward, for his leather jerkin and hat with ... peacock feathers?
    Courage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestions :) considering painting some elves for a change. And yes, it was an attempt to paint peacock feathers. Unfortunately, they are quite small, and not easy to process properly.

      Delete
  2. How did you make the grey rock portion of the base? They look great!

    ReplyDelete