Sunday, November 22, 2020

Marauder halberdiers

And that's two additional retinues for the City Watch: references F29 and F5 of the MM60 fighters range. Second time I paint these models, can be boring... 

I've been lazy with the shield, and used one of these old Marauder plastic shields to spare me an uninspired freehand.





In theory, I still have two halberdiers to paint to complete the Guild of the Lamplighters and Watchmen. I'll do my best to finish it by the end of the year, but the perspective of preparing dwarves for the next OWAC is much more inspiring :p We'll see!

8 comments:

  1. Maintenant que tu as vaguement le coup de main, une fig te prend grosso modo combien de temps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfff je sais même pas, il faudrait que je compte. Je peins par mini sessions quand je ne dors pas. Difficile de me rendre compte. Le F5, j'ai commencé un dimanche et fini le suivant, mais j'ignore combien d'heures ça représente.

      Delete
  2. Ah, memories! The guy with the large axe was one of my favourites and I used him as an alternative HeroQuest character :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Des nains ? Mais des nains comment ? tu tease ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take your point that there's a lot to be said for freehand -- but on the other hand, the paint job on that shield looks amazing. I've used the same sprue of shields quite a bit in my modeling career, and they've always given me results I'm pleased with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paint jobs on these. Such a museum-like look from them that they look like larger-scale figures at time. You really know how to bring these figures to life and draw out their best details.

    ReplyDelete