Sunday, March 31, 2019

Commander Baron Ulrich von Bernau, Grand Master of the Söllsguard Knights

In MadAlfred's sourcebook on Pfeildorf, Baron Ulrich von Bernau is the commander of Pfeildorf's garrison. As I intend to paint one or two regiments of MM66 models, I've also made him Grand Master of the Söllsguard Knights to lead them to the battle.

The model is a mix of MM66 (horse and legs) and MB15 (torso) bits. As you can see, they do not fit perfectly, but once painted, I think it works (more or less).



Regarding the painting, I have used on the baron the same colors as for the foot knights of the Söllsguard. As for the mount, I've tried a black-and-white caparison. Could have spent more time on it I believe, but I really wanted to finish it before the end of the month.









I'm really happy to start painting these damn' MM66 models, their mounts are definitely... eer... expensive? Yes, but also small. Really small.

Compare Grand Baroness von Toppenheimer to Baron von Bernau. Who's the boss?


More MM66 knights to come next month!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely work as usual. I've got that mini on the horse without the caparison. It's cool as the hearts on its harness match up with the hearts on his armour, so they look like they're meant for each other. But, yeah, they are a tad small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have also a couple of poneys with hearts. In my to-paint list in the coming months :p

      Delete
  2. Il est tout mimi, mais il est tout petit !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouais, c'est la honte à côté de la licorne. En même temps, on sait qui est le chef.

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done. A bit of inspiration to get mine painted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. As I said, more of the same to come!

      Delete