Tuesday, December 5, 2017

City Watch complete

I've decided to rework the banner of the Mórrsfeld district to maintain a coherence between the different watchmen. I have therefore replaced the old watchman designed by Trish Morrison by a MM60 fighter (F27). This is the second time I paint this model, and as mentioned before, this is definitely not my favorite miniature.  Here, I've removed the shield boss on the left hand, and replaced the original halberd by a dark elf plastic standard (topped by a flame coming from Celestial Hurricanum sprues). For the banner, I've kept the idea of the portcullis, but used the "M" letter as a reminder of the unit origin... Same colours as the ones used for the Söllhafen district.


Final pictures of the unit:



To be honest, I had other plans for this regiment, including a third and wealthier district, a musician, a second ogre, and a larger banner, but for the moment, let's consider the mandatory Helblitzen as done...

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, very nice work. One question if you allow me: Could you explain (tutorial), how do you make your pedestals please? thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Link to a tutorial written in 2012: https://jaeckelalone.blogspot.fr/2012/11/how-to-make-simple-bases.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your response. I will continue to carefully follow your remarkable work ^^

      Delete
  2. Lovely work! Lots of individual characters that form a great unit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work! I think the standards bookend the unit nicely with glorious freehand work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks. These standards took some time, happy to read that you like them :)

      Delete
  4. So great... makes me want to revisit the Empire...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faut reconnaitre, au final, ça fait son effet ! Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quelle superbe brochette de personnages, bannières et autres créatures...absolument magnifiques!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I ask if you painted for the Rackham studio in the past? You're style is very similar and your imperial models with the halflings have a Cadwallon style to them. Just curious, and please take it a s a compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But the answer is no. And the halfling shield bearers are indeed a direct reference to Cadwallon's weapon bearers :)

      Delete