Tuesday, July 19, 2022

OWAC V - Conclusion

Well, now that I'm close to the 100 painted Marauder Dwarfs, maybe it's time for a few pictures of the mercenary forces collected so far. 

With 40 dwarfs warriors (pikemen and halberdiers) and 20 quarellers, the mandatory troops are done. Regarding the thunderers, I have reached the maximum allowed by the 3rd edition Warhammer Armies book. Two wizards seem more than enough for a dwarf army, and all the hammerers I had are now painted. And of course, any decent mercenary army cannot go out without his paymaster 😎

So, what's left? 

  • Warmachines for sure, and their design easily fits with the Swiss flavour of the army
  • the army general on his fracking poney. One day I will paint him, I swear 😖
  • More wild dwarfs would be nice if I could convert some slayers
  • 10 Iron breakers should be OK too if I find the courage (NMM plus shields, double pain)
  • More than enough models to align a third regiment of pikemen or a regiment of sworsdmen
  • Last but not least... Longbeards! The only (but major) problem is that they do not fit at all with their budies. I have a couple of ideas, but it will require time and conversions. We'll see...

In the meantime:




14 comments:

  1. Having collected these marauder figures back in the early 90s this is such a treat to see! Great work on these, I love the reference to the renaissance swiss in the banners as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaeckel, this is such a magnificent achievement. En masse they look even better than they do individually.
    And I just have to add that I adore your painting style. Not only is it technically superb, but it is unique to you. Looking at any one of your models and you know immediately that it is a Jaeckel. For me, that's the best thing you can say about a miniature painter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Matthew. I was not aware that my painting style was recognizable... maybe because I mainly paint dwarves?

      Delete
  3. A truly magnificent army! For us too your style is immediately recognizable and we are great admirers of your painting works. Even if you paint mostly dwarves, you always find ways to give your units a unique feature, whether with a flag, a modified weapon, a halfling or a giant...
    Now let's wait to see what new projects you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, thanks a lot, Rodor. In terms of projects, probably a halt with "oldhammer", I've just received a parcel of recent models, and should work on them during the summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with the previous comments. Every time I see one of your dwarves I instantly know it's yours. There's something special that only you are able to add them. How do you achieve those metal and skin tones and transitions? They are just amazing! Hands down the best dwarves I've ever seen! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! though the next project does not involve any dwarf :p

      Delete
    2. Leagues of Votann (aka new squats) count as dwarves? :P

      Delete
    3. Tempting, but no. I stick to medfan.

      Delete
  6. Quel boulot de dingo ! La troupe réunie est impressionnante !
    Il me tarde de connaitre la teneur du prochain projet (après les hobbits chocolatiers ?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hé hé, merci ! les hobbits se sont faits bouffer par le prochain projet :p

      Delete