Friday, March 8, 2013

Crossbowman #13: The Good

This dwarf adventurer is the first part of the trio I've painted for the Brush Slave League. It was a theme round about cinema. Not so easy when you still want to paint some dwarfs for your army!

At first, I wanted to make a remake of Fahrenheit 451, a novel by Ray Bradbury, but also a movie by François Truffaut: the firemen would have been replaced by my fire thrower team, and the burnt books would have been 'played' by the walking book familiar.

Since I wasn't very happy with the dwarfs, I changed my project for the final confrontation of a famous western: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Here is the Good:


And soon will come the Bad and the Ugly...

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! It's always good to see some old dwarfs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice indeed, I like the clenched teeth holding the pipe, there's now why he's dropping that damn fine Baccy.....

    ReplyDelete