Sunday, February 1, 2015

The engineer and the town cryer

OK, I have completed the crew for my heavy bombard. The least I can say is that I'm not happy with the result, especially the dwarf engineer (right column). The sculpt job is ugly and my painting skills too limited to get a nice result.

In the end, they may join the baggage train and I'll try to paint more convincing crewmen for this cannon.


In the meantime, the trio around their war machine.


(trying to hide the engineer)


So, if I add up my painted points:
  • 21 warriors with double-handed axes and shields, plus standard bearer and musician (293 pts)
  • 20 warriors with spears and shields, plus standard bearer and musician (260 pts)
  • 2x10 crossbowmen (260 pts)
  • 10 giant slayers with light armours and double-handed weapons (120 pts)
  • 10 hammerers plus standard bearer (176 pts)
  • 1 3-man organ gun with light armours (105 pts)
  • 2 3-man cannons with light armours (150 pts)
I have approximately painted the two thirds of my 2000 points... and I think it's time for a dwarf break.

To be continued!

7 comments:

  1. I think you're being too hard on yourself with the engineer! Sure, his arms have some sculpting issues, but I love his grumpy face and stripy top peeking out from under his waistcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god those chest hairs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember buying the bombard (with original crew) in about 1989-90 from a local tobacconist that also (oddly) sold GW and other rpg products. It's long gone now, but I intend to replace it one day. Excellent painting, as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made a poor sculpt look amazing with your painting skills. Wonderful as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, thanks a lot. Still, I'm a little bit tired of these old sculpts. I'm goind to try something different for my next model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they all look great! I don't recall seeing the one with the staff and carrot before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your 'crew' models are new to me, hadn't seen them before, don't be too hard on yourself, I like them, they may be ugly but they have a charm all of their own.

    ReplyDelete